Starting a New Project – Water Challenge
After a wonderful few days of catching late ‘autumn weather it snowed today and it seemed that it would be a great day to get started on a new project for this year’s challenge in one of my art groups. The theme this year is water and I’ve decided to work in a similar style to the Forest Surprise piece that I did last year. This time I am painting the background and adding machine and hand stitching to create the texture and colour.
I started out with some PFD (prepared for dyeing) fabric I had on hand and used Setacolor and dye-na-flow colours to transfer a drawing that I had previously created. The initial colours are muted and I will be adding more color later in the process. I’ve also provided extra batting in the area where the water drop has created ripples and have backed the painted fabric with a first layer of batting ready for an initial layer of stitching. After stitching the layers together following the flow of the water I’ve set it aside for the moment as I also have some other projects with short deadlines calling!
(Delayed Post from November 2013)